Thursday, January 31, 2013

Update ... Its been too long

Wow, so I totally forgot about this page in the midst of my hectic schedule. Running is getting easier and easier. Last weekend I ran my first 8 mile stretch without stopping. I have signed up for a 10K run to support a local school foundation on Saturday. I am scheduled to run 9 miles on Sunday ( according to my training plan) so I think I might continue running after the 10K until I reach 9 miles. It doesn't sound like fun, but I'd rather get my run out of the way when it is almost over, than to start all over again the next day. However, I am feeling pretty confident that I will be able to run it without any problems. Now all I need to do is raise enough money to actually be able to get to run in my Half-Marathon in April. I am soooo excited!!

Lindsey is getting really excited now too! He has discovered that it is not his knees that were hurting him, but rather his IT band. After learning how to stretch it and a new brace, he is able to comfortably run 3 miles. So, he has signed up to run a 5K at the same race as my 10K!! I hope to remember to post some pictures of our race for you this weekend.

Have a splendid night!

No comments:

Post a Comment