Saturday, December 1, 2012

The fitness life as begun....

My first fitness challenge was Insanity. Insanity is an at home video workout program created by the same people as P90x. It was intense and I am still in disbelieve that I actually finished the full 60 days. Due to Insanity I was able to lose 10lbs and 3 dress sizes. Most importantly, because of Insanity I was able to begin my next fitness challenge .... a half marathon.

I completed my first 5K in the beginning of November. Since then, I have begun a training routine that will allow me to work myself up to 13.1 miles. I have watched my average mile go from 15 minutes to 11.5 minutes. The farthest I have gone so far is 4 miles (the 11.5 average mile day :-) ). This Sunday is my first day running 5 miles. I will let you know how that goes.

I thank God every time I run for the ability to be able to run!

No comments:

Post a Comment